08 March 2011

Time Traveler//

I alluded to this in my previous post but I did not elaborate and now I feel the need to. This darn CA weather is driving me nuts (where else can you wake up to rain, have lunch under sunny skies, and drive home in tornado-like winds?) and I am more than ready for some semblance of spring to hit the southland. However, SPRING denotes forward movement, not only of the earth, but of ourselves. We are moving, everyday closer the the end of 2011 and I still feel like it's January. SPRING means a new season, a time of change and I am not ready for that. Thought I was but then decided I wasn't.

It seems that every time I make plans to move forward in some aspect, my thoughts are imminently followed by a backwards motion that leaves me right back where I started before I even get off the starting line. So I've tentatively decided to stop making plans. Yes, I'll continue with some plans...I can't just SELL THE HOUSE SELL THE CAR SELL THE KIDS AND FORGET IT (although, sometimes I wish we could become hippies and run away, but with the kid of course). I've just decided that so much emphasis is placed on the concept of FUTURE. What about PAST? Not that our collective past is so awesome, but why can't we go back and re-live good things? Why can't we bring the past into our present? 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...