11 March 2011

Ami's Annual Check Up// Mama Ditch Day

Took a trip to the doctor's yesterday morning (bright and early) for the annual physician's approval of my parenting ability, or otherwise known as the Kid's yearly well-visit. These days are always guaranteed to be an adventure because we usually schedule the appointment for ridiculously early times (8am) and therefore always have to contend with ridiculously ridiculous Westwood traffic. We are always running late, which means that traffic issues provide us with an overdose of anxiety and adrenaline. Luckily, this year we made it within the 15-minutes-late window so everything was kosher and we didn't have to reschedule.

This (I think) will be the first time I write down the Kid's stats which probably makes me a horrible mother, but I didn't have things all that together the first couple of years, so whatever. And anyway, it is only as he is getting older that the reality of him one day not being attached to my hip is setting in and I want to be able to look back and remember every detail. 

Without further ado: Ami at 3 years, 2 months, 10 days:

- 95th percentile in height
- 41 inches tall (which means he is only 21.4 inches, or LESS THAN 2 FEET from being as tall as I am!)
- 55 inch head (which confirms we were correct when we nicknamed him Big Head)
- still drinking too much milk (I dare Dr. L to ween that kid from his milk addiction. At least we dropped boob and bottle a long time ago)
- intelligent and articulate (but we already new that)

Even with the stress of getting there on time I really look forward to these days because it usually means I can skip work and hang out with Ami for the rest of the day. We went to breakfast with the hubs, then hung out just the two of us (+ my mom part of the day) when Mark had to go to school. It was a good day.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...