18 March 2011

There Is A Light


I know I used to be a lot more fun and motivated but lately (OK for the past few -- several-- months) it's been hard to find a light at the end of the tunnel. We've successfully moved into workaholic territory and unsurprisingly left behind family fun territory. I hate it. With three jobs and one full load of classes between us the Hubs and I are rarely in close proximity unless we are sleeping or driving in a car (and usually one of us is sleeping when the other is driving the car).

My son actually told me yesterday, as I was sprawled on the bed refusing to move: "where is Dadda? I want to play." This is an insult because I've always been the more fun out of the two and as I've said before, the Kid is a total mama's boy and would never forsake me for the company of his Dadda (sad, but true, I've always ruled just a little more than the Hubs). I know things have to change, and I've tried but gosh darnit, change is hard! I think a lot of it has to do with the living situation which is driving me nuts and generally not allowing me to be in a good mood. One more year, though and the Hubs graduates and then we move far, far away. Or just back to L.A. One year can't come fast enough.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...