08 November 2010

Nature










Living in suburbia has its perks. Living walking distance from several parks has its benefits but being in Nature whilst surrounded by cookie-cutter homes takes the fun out of it (slightly). At this point, I am happy that we are here and The Kid gets to see some of Nature--which we wouldn't otherwise if his formative years were spent in LA. But I think I've begun to realize that my desires for our future are, at various times, at two extremes: On the one hand, I miss the city life, with its "colorful" people, it's liberalness, its Jewishness, and its fast-pace-ness. But on the other, I love going for a walk without having to drive somewhere first, I love the sight of trees and plants and the ability to walk my dog on grass/dirt/mud. Maybe we'll live in the city but go camping every summer?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...